Hi
I recenty acquired an excellent unbranded/ sim-free Nokia N70 and loaded it with an Orange PAYG usim. I was looking forward to trying out Orange TV, only to discover that OrangeWorld won't let me download it! The download apparently completes but at the last second an error message (from the phone itself) appears reading "unable to verify certificate!" and the download fails. I rang Orange to find out what was going on, and after a lot of discussion the 'conclusion' was that the download was failing simply because it is an unbranded phone and didn't have the necessary Orange software. But hey, I could always go along to a Nokia dealer and have the phone flashed with Orange software - thereby defeating the whole purpose of having an unbranded phone!!
I thought I might be able to get around this nonsense by trying the download on another handset - I put my sim into a 6680 (also unbranded) and attempted to download TV Player onto the phone, thinking I might be able to transfer the app over to the N70 using the memory card. But this was also unsuccessful, but for a different reason - I now get a Orange World error announcing "a temporary error - please try again later". Needless to say, several attempts at different times result in the same error.
I have installed the pvplayer elsewhere on these boards, but unfortunately that made no difference on either phone. Can anyone shed any light on this and point me in the right direction? Perhaps someone could email me this presumably small app?
It would also be useful to know whether it makes any difference if the TV Player and pvplayers are installed in the main phone memory or on the memory card?
Cheers!