Page 1 of 2 12 Next LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself!

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Smile Introduce yourself!

Hello to you all.

As our community expands it has been suggested that an area for introductions would be useful. This thread, then, is an opportunity to post a little bit about yourself and read up on other members, making getting to know the forum's familiar faces just a little bit easier.

My name's Ben and I'm the Talk3G.co.uk Administrator. I'm self-employed, working in media, specifically online advertising, and SMS. I mostly use Vodafone and Orange, with my first 3G experience an e606 on Three at launch, and then a Z1010 'trialist' on Orange in August '04.

I'm an avid 3G enthusiast and strongly believe in Talk3G as a commercially unrestricted haven for free, focussed discussion.

So that's me. Who the hell are you?

Yssybyl
    Yssybyl is offlineRegular Poster

Interesting idea

So here goes...

I stumbled across this site while working on Nokia's N70 in 2005 and stuck around because it promotes discussion without the flaming that so often occurs on forums (even the moderated ones).

Although I no longer work for Nokia, or indeed on mobile phones at all, I still know people who can help, and pass on any problems you guys are having. I have my finger in several (own business) pies at the moment while holding down a full time role as an IT systems architect... so if any of you admit to any useful skills I may have to pick your brains

The N70 I got given during development was my first 3G experience (previously only ever using a mobile for SMS and (incoming) calls), and it was great to try it all out without having to pay for it I switched to Vodafone after years on O2 mainly due to the customer service in the shop when I went in to buy a SIM (as I'd already got my own SIM free phone from Nokia). I know I'm not using all the funky 3g features as yet, but I think that's mainly me trying to keep my phone bill down - couldn't do without the streaming tv though - great for "at desk" entertainment

Look forward to reading about the rest of you ...

whatleydude
    whatleydude is offlineTalk3G Reg

Well..

My name's James and I found this site whilst looking for helpful hints about making the most of my Nokia 6630.
    This place was very helpful and the members are cool too - so I stuck around. I run my own forum which often has a few mobile related topics but I prefer coming here for good old fashioned hard core phone chat! lol

I love my mobile and am happy to admit it.
    I've been with Vodafone since I was 16 and although I've had a few brief forays into other networks (namely Three and Orange) I've always come back to Vodafone.
    I try to keep on top of developments in the mobile world and I'm an avid Nokia fan. My friends often tell me I should work for them in PR or as a Sales Consultant as more often than not they ask me for advice on their next phone.. not the man/woman in the shop!
    My first 3G experience was with the NEC e606 when they first launched..
    My ex partner and I both got the phones and we both cancelled the whole thing within three months after getting sick of all the (what is now known as) 'teething problems'.
    I've since been through an N70 and I've recently got an N73 and I'm very happy(ish) with it.
    I now work for a Mobile Content Provider and I love it. Best job I've ever had.
    Last edited by whatleydude; 6th October 2006 at 10:27 AM. Reason: EDIT - Updated 06/10/06

3g-g is offlineT3G Super Mod
    Blog Entries

Talking

Oooo, it's almost like speed dating!

Well, my name's Graham, I'm one of the Moderators here at T3G... In my real life I'm a GSM and UMTS network engineer for a certain fruit based telecommunications company, no prize for who works that out!

I've been in the industry for just over 5 years, dealing with the bits that make your phones work, everything behind that green button press is what I do, everything you don't see or really care about! You may see me hanging from some structure 120Ft up, so remember to look! I have a genuine interest in the technology in general, which makes work much easier, it's great to see that there are other people as interested in the topic of 3G as I am!

I've been with all the networks at one point or another, 3 and Voda in the form of PAYG, however I do have the ability to use all the networks here in the UK if I need to. Currently with a 6680, I've also got a Mobile office card, a Sanyo s750, the SE z1010 and a SE k600i... so it's 3G coming outa my ears!

No, I can't get you free phones or top up vouchers, but I will try and help if you have a genuine problem, as will all the other team members!

G.

P.S. I'm a Sagittarius *Ding* time to move on already?!

Blog Entries

Talking Old git alert!

I might well be the grand-daddy of the regular T3G team of mods The name's Danny for those that want to know. Its the same for those who dont.

I've been involved in IT generally since the days before it was called IT. Leaving school as a spotty 16-year old in 1970 I got into the Post Office Telegraph Service, leaving it two years later to go into The City, and throughout the years worked my way onto and up the greasy pole of what is now termed IT Management.

I started out in Telecommunications and later broadened into the Networks and Systems arena. My fascination with cellular mobile telephony came about in 1984 when Cellnet was birthed. A pair of car phones installed in attache cases was the closest to "handheld" we could get to at that time. True handhelds came around a bit later (there is a photo of mine in the forum somewhere, ATACS it is too, whoohoooooo!). The sheer thought of being able to walk and talk was inspirational, I was hooked.

So through the years, doing the IT Manager job, I was able to be a significant part of the firm's developing use of mobile telephony through analogue (1G) to GSM (2G) and almost into 3G. During the years I've witnessed all four of the incumbents come about, with all that entails.

Taking my leave of The City I have gone into the IT Consultancy/Management business for myself. It is important to keep abreast of the technologies so there is lots of need for hands-on as well as theoretical study. That all gives me a good opportunity to actually play with a number of devices through the birth of 3G from the pair of NEC e606 (still got 'em) to my latest and greatest SE W900i. Network-wise my practical experience is with all of them in one way or another. But in terms of 3G, then it is 3 (of course) and Vodafone - I observe the others and find Talk3G an excellent place to learn of others experiences with the networks and handsets that I have not [yet] played with.

I find 3G the most thrilling cellular mobile technology to date, even given its practical limitations and lack of maturity at this time. Like 2G was developed and enhanced we are already seeing 3G take the same steps (i.e. HSDPA). All of this and to be able to make a phone call or send a text too? Most excellent

@NickyColman
    @NickyColman is offlineModerator
    Blog Entries

Well my time in the phone-world is short and very sweet.

I received my first phone as a 15 year old as a birthday present. It was a "classic" Motorola CSomethingorother on Orange Pay & Go (in the day when you could only send 10 free texts that day HA HA i send that before i get out of bed.).

Since then i have been with every network except Vodafone. I dont no why I just havent been that attracted to them. My "home" network would have to be O2. It seems i go through brief flirtations with other networks, but i always return to O2.

To date i have had 19 phones in my 5 mobile years, soon to be 20.

I found Talk3G .......ok i cant remember exactly how, but it was on "another" forum.

By the way, im 20 and the names Nick.

Interesting fact; Im colour blind. HAHA!

Gagz
    Gagz is offlineWeighs about 4 £2 coins now

My little life story.. i remember it like it was 6months ago, oh wait it was.

It was a cold cold evening (might of been hot cause it was summer) and i was on MSN with Ben and he was threatining me with something unless i joined talk3G. So i joined then i done a review of my 902 and mentioned something like it weighs the same as 8 £2 coins so thats my title now *Thank you ben :P git*. And yeh ive enjoyed my time here need more members mind

Gagz

maxspank
    maxspank is offlineRegular Poster

Hi I'm MaxSpank. My real name is Mark for those who are interested. I can't really remember how I found this place, it was probably on Google by accident. I'm glad I did because there's lots of useful topics here.

so a little about me;

I work for Vodafone Customer Services, and I like my job. I try and help every customer as much as I can, and I feel good that I am good at my job. ( I deal with billing, network issues, product service support for both contract and pay as you talk customers, I am what is known as multi-skilled) I hope I'll be of some use around here and I can see this is a good support network for me as well, as it does further my knowledge as I see what your problems are and how you get that fixed which I then in turn can help out my customers with similar problems.

The phones I own are the Samsung Z500 on Vodafone and the N70 on Orange. I'm happy with my phones (except for the darn Orange Homescreen, but that's not for here) the Z500 is my first 3G phone, but I can't use 3G services as I'm not covered in my town.

In my spare time, I write and make short films, and am currently writing a comedy spoof of a TV show.

That's me, your friendly neighbourhood spank machine!

Alio
    Alio is offlineMember

Hi to all that are interested!

My name is Alistair, I'm from Wiltshire UK.......I have been involved in mobile Internet development since I got my first wap phone.......the Nokia 7110........"how things have moved on".

I currently help run a newly launched UK on-line mobile web site community service "www.wizmysite.com" which enables non technical users to quickly and easily build full colour rich media mobile optimised XHTML web sites viewable on new generation 2.5/3G smartphones and PC web browsers.

We are constantly developing this new service and would very much value your support or any feedback - (good or bad) to help us improve things!

Anyway........this a great forum, chat soon!

Alio

http://www.wizmysite.com - The UK's New Generation Mobile Web Site Community
    (Create Your Own Mobile Web Site - Share Your World - It's Free & Easy!)

alby
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    • View Blog Entries
    • View Articles
    alby is offlineNew to Talk3G

hello all

I recently purchased an unlocked sharp 903, and whilst looking for settings for virgin mobile (rather than vodaphone),
    I came accross this site (settings still not found), the site looks good so I joined.
    I have been with computing in one form or another for as long as I can remember (approx 34 years) and am currently working as an IT Manager.
    As far as 3G goes this is my first step and at present have not got my phone working (for 3G). I believe that a certain amount of convergence (mobiles, landline, VOIP, cameras etc) is inevitable, bringing a new dimension to readily available information for the user, however time will tell.

Alan.

getti is offlinetodayon3g.co.uk
    Blog Entries

Hi Alby welcome to the site. I think i might be able to help you out with settings for the 903.

Expect a PM a little later tonight

Blog Entries

QuoteOriginally Posted by getti
    Expect a PM a little later tonight
    Please do post them, one of you, if you get them working!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Brian Shearer
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    • View Blog Entries
    • View Articles
    Brian Shearer is offlineNew to Talk3G

Brian is REALLY new to PC's and 3G - I'm his wife Yvonne doing it on his behalf. I'm OK with PC's and the Net, BUT it's his phone and I only get called in to help when desperate - he doesn't do manuals and just fiddles hoping it'll all come right!! Hmm, you get the idea?

faza20
    faza20 is offlineNew to Talk3G

Ello

I'm John, most people call me Faza. Errr, 24, work for Vodafone as a Technical Advisor. Current phone is a SE P990i, had most the other SE's at 1 point or another. Love cars and technology, and that's about it. lol

3g-g is offlineT3G Super Mod
    Blog Entries

Default New folks!

There's been quite a few new members here at T3G lately, to the point I read through the posts and think, "oh, I've not heard from you before!"

So, who are you? Not introduced yourself? Here's the place to do it! We'd love to find out some more about you, one line will do it if you're feeling shy!

Nosskibird
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    • View Blog Entries
    • View Articles
    Nosskibird is offlineNew to Talk3G

Cool

Hi,

Im a Brummy girl . Just your average everyday mobile user wanting some info from what seems like people a bit more expert than me!

xxx

SE800i
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    • View Blog Entries
    • View Articles
    SE800i is offlineNew to Talk3G

Hi all,

Just joined from Sheffield! Hoping to shed my k800i soon... yes I know, bad choice of username's, just realised! haha

jhuds2004
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    • View Blog Entries
    • View Articles
    jhuds2004 is offlineNew to Talk3G

hi there i found this site through google
    looks a nice site to make a few posts lol

Blog Entries

Hey, welcome to Talk3G What were you searching for that brought you here? Or do we not want to know

hkr007
    • View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    • View Blog Entries
    • View Articles
    hkr007 is offlineNew to Talk3G

Default Hello Guys!

Hi Guys,
    My name is Kevin, I was kind of browsing through the site and found out that most of you use Sony Ericsson 3G products. I just thought I should sign up, too. Hope your products don't give you any major problems...l need a piece of information though, how do I recognise that the firmware running on a S.E k800i is the original version? What is the original version? I would really appreciate it if someone help me out. Thanks for the good workk!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 Next LastLast