It's really quite hard for 3 with handsets like the motorola c975 and the ZTE. Both of them look and feel dated and are not very attractive really. I bet most youngsters would not be interested even at £30. The vast majority of younger folks are very fashion concious and phones are part of their 'gear' nowadays. Samsungs, Walkmans and Razr's are todays models of choice and even some of the Lobster and VK's have the style and appearance good enough to make them favoured by younger pre-pay users.

The Motorola c975, the Amoi MOS-1 and the ZTE are another batch cheapies which I have to agree are unlikely to have much in the way of lasting appeal. The ticket price looks good and I suppose if one needed a cheap replacement any of those could be a consideration but none are objects of desire and most folks will (as with the NEC e313 and e616's) move on to other devices as soon as their budget allows.

One problem with a price like the above on the Motorola is that it is just too good to be true. Its become so cheap folks wonder 'what's wrong with it?' and that could be a big problem in terms of shifting numbers.

One has to wonder why 3 UK have chosen to pitch for this end of the pre-pay market? Any ideas?