Hello Hands on & E616Vboy123

I thank you so much for your kind advice. Yes, 3G system which both Globe and Smart are using is UMTS, w-cdma as well as one in UK. My staying area is centre of Makati (Business Capital city in the country) and 3G signal is as strong as 2G. Why I know? because other than NEC e808 I'm using Motorola M1000 (Equivalent to A1000) and sharp 903SH. Both are the unlocked mobile phones which I've used in Japan before coming to Philippines. Each one has lettle problem, but totally they are able to work in both 3G and 2G including GPRS (2.5G). Now, only NEC e808 cannot be acivated for UMTS. When I turn on the phone, 2G is automatically selected and I try to select "Set Area Mode" in network setting of the menu, however it's not functioned because it's desable with gray coloured item. This situation is depeding upon the SIM card. When I insert SMART post-paid SIM, I can select manually 3G in "Set Area Mode", however UMTS mode seems to be selected but actually it cannot work. In other SIM, post-paid Globe card and all pre-paid card cannot select this menu item and I have no way to change from 2G to 3G. In this situation, when I push triangle key, "Out of coverage" message indicates and 3G does not work. I doubt if SIM Unlock has been successfully applied to 2G but not to 3G. I don't have much knowledge about unlocking and so I'm going to some secret private unlocking service shop in the city centre.
I appreciate it if you could give me more advice in this issue.

Best Regards,