• Show Printable Version
    • Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    • Switch to Linear Mode
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Nokia N95 & N95 8GB: Head to Head

I'm fortunate enough to currently have in my possession both the Nokia N95 and its brand new nemesis the Nokia N95 8GB. I'm also in the unique situation of never having used or owned a Nokia N95 or N95 8GB before, and receiving both of them at the same time.

The Nokia N95 is courtesy of WOM World, so I'd like to start by thanking them for it. The N95 8GB is my own purchase, on contract from Vodafone.

Over the next two weeks I'm going to be carrying the Nokia N95 on Orange and the N95 8GB on, of course, Vodafone. I use both connections regularly and keep them on me at all times, so I hope to learn a lot about the differences between these handsets that are oh-so-similar in name - and share these differences with you.

I don't want to overly personalise or sensationalise my experiences, I'm just going to write them here as they hit me and let you, the person reading this, make up your own mind. What you're making your mind up about is none of my business, but could include, for example, whether to pay that bit extra for the N95 8GB, or whether it's worth upgrading from the N95.

As the N95 8GB is brand new, and the N95 is most certainly not, some unboxing photos will be available on a separate thread in this sub-forum.

Please feel free to add comments or questions to this thread as I post my observations, but don't go over the top - there'll be plenty of time for further discussion after my dual-N95 experience has ended.

All that's left to say is thanks for getting this far and I hope you enjoy the phlog (see what I did there?).

Contents of this review:
    First Impressions
    Early Days
    On the subject of RAM
    Another day, another difference?
    Browsing the web on the N95 8GB
    Browser shortcomings & bugs (N95 8GB)
    More observations
    Final thoughts on the Nokia N95 and N95 8GB
    Last edited by Ben; 11th November 2007 at 02:02 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote