So, I was in London yesterday, wondering around as you do, and I wanted to know how to get to Selfridges from where I was.

Easy! The N95 8GB has Nokia Maps and Google Maps so surely I was sorted.

Or so you'd think. Nokia Maps, despite having plenty of other shops in London, seems to have neglected to include Selfridges. In fact, it doesn't even have 400 Oxford Street, as when I tried that address it came back with 398 Oxford Street.

Fine, I thought, I know where I am, I'll check Google Maps. Uhh uhhhh!

Google Maps places Selfridges on Rathbone Place. My on-foot investigations confirmed that Selfridges was, indeed, not there.

Streetmap.co.uk gets it right, placing it between Bond Street and Marble Arch - in other words, where it actually is!

So what sodding good is Nokia Maps and Google Maps on my phone, then? I asked them the simplest of questions, trying to find one of the most famous stores in the UK, and they both failed miserably and, worse, gave misleading results.

After that experience I suggest anyone looking for mapping on their N95/N95 8GB or other Nokia GPS phone ditches both Nokia Maps and Google Maps and finds alternative software.

Utter rubbish.