• View Profile
    • View Forum Posts
    • Private Message
    • View Blog Entries
    • View Articles
    rabthree is offlineNew to Talk3G rabthree is on a distinguished road

3G mobile broadband on HP IPAQ 6515

Hi boys and girls
    I am using a 3G simcard ( form three uk) to access the internet from my HP IPAQ 6515 which is a pocket pc ( smart phone or PDA). It does have MSM massenger and internet explorer for pocket pc.
    I can access the internet using GPRS connection and I can use the MSN to chat however when I type in the web site address in the internet explorer it go for ever with out showing the web page. I tried google web site, even three web site but no thing come up.
    Any ideas.

Thanks guys

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Blog Entries

The problem will be down to your handset's APN settings not being right for the 3 network. Voice and SMS are normally picked up off the SIM. But MMS and GPRS (data) need to have the APN set right.

If you look in the LG section of Talk3G you will find some articles going back a year or so that show you what the Three APNs are - they may need a bit of fiddling with to work in your iPAQ6515. But bear in mind also comments in your other thread about using this device on 3's network - yours is not a 3G device, it will roam onto 3's partner networks Orange and/or O2 and hence be working 2G/2.5G. 3 will disconnect you until you connect with that USIM using a pukka 3G capable handset.

+ Reply to Thread