QuoteOriginally Posted by Ben View Post
I think only you will be able to tell me whether it'd be a bargain to the man on the street...
Well, far be it from me to make judgement calls for the man on the street. Especially as I am no particular fan of LG's operating system. But I have to say that the KU990 is a respectable not-so-little handset.

I think that £99 for a PAYG of this calibre has got to be pretty good. As a replacement for a Contract handset that has been damaged it is even better value still.

The icing on the cake is for to be for a SIM-free and unbranded handset, and that has to be extraordinary quality. Expansys are currently knocking the same unit out for £289.99.

I showed the Viewty to daughter who previously had my old Prada after me and she was quite taken with it.

Going by some of the [Viewty] forums commentators the handset is not particularly easy to live with. Some problems relating to how it does not calibrate to the battery very well have caused masses of grief. Others seem not to be able to deal with the touchscreen - but maybe these couldn't handle any touchscreen, some just need to keep banging the rocks together.

I'd have to say "Yes", the Viewty at £99.99 is an astonishing bargain for someone who wants that kind of handset on the cheap. But, and there is a but, as soon as I pick up my iPhone the realisation is that these two devices are universes apart