I offer these unashamedly ripped off from all over the place for your enjoyment, entertainment, and practical use ... I take no credit at all for any of these ...

1)if you hold down the home key, its gives you the last accessed apps,
2)if on the homepage you hold down the menu key, it brings up the keyboard,
3)when viewing the web, when scrolling, theres a square with arrows on it in the bottom right corner, clicking this zooms out for a full page view, with a preview pane, move the preview pane around the the page, and when you let go it will zoom to that part of the page
4) when in google streetview, hit the menu key, then activate compass, now when you move/tilt the handset, it will move the view to what you do

If you use MAC address filtering on your wifi network, you'll need to find your phone's MAC address. It's just taken me 20 minutes looking in the wrong place, so if you need your MAC address it here:
Settings > About phone > Status
Then scroll down almost to the bottom to "Wi-Fi MAC address".

I was somewhat overwhelmed when I ended up with 350+ contacts. But, if you press-and-hold the home screen, then you can make a folder of contacts with phone numbers. Then wehn you click it, it opens a simple window like the contacts tab in contacts.

Advanced WiFi configuration needs?
Settings > Wireless Controls > Wi-fi settings
then press menu and select "Advanced".
You can set Wifi channels used, sleep policy and set the phone to use a static IP etc.