http://www.nokia.co.uk/find-products...kia-6760-slide

So what exactly has happened at Nokia ?

Did someone from Nokia break into HTC's HQ to steal new ideas ,but come out with a folder marked "TOP SECRET - QWERTY SLIDER DESIGNS FOR 2004" ?

What on earth is driving Nokia to tack awful keyboards to their devices all of a sudden ? I remember a time when the only QWERTY keyboards on a nokia device (or at least serious ones) was on the communicators - and there was an implied statement "If you want a QWERTY keyboard , you have to have a proper one " Refusing to buy into the HTC driven trend of cramming a keyboard in wherever you can !
....Then everyone started realising the blackberry FF was pretty workable and the E61 was born (one of my faves) - Worked great , and Nokia still had their dignity WRT keyboards - Meanwhile HTC were tuning out some right dross , simply to fit "a keyboard" into a small device , so they can say it has a keyboard.
HTC evolved, some devices now don't need keybards , and others like the Touch Pro II have awesome keyboards ..... But Nokia appear to have gone the other way , and will now chuck a QWERTY keyboards (using the term loosely) of similar quality to the HTC ones of a few years back , anywhere you can fit 30 buttons !
I could understand this a few years ago , but now in 2009 ? - I just can't work out why they are taking this path ? - is it that Nokia want to spearhead a campaign against Capacitive Touchscreens ? = championing the tactile keyboard ?