QuoteOriginally Posted by getti View Post
Even I have started to give up using Nokia. N900 is out next month (was this month... another Nokia with delays??? Surely not ) and at first I really wanted it but now im after a Satio until the iPhone comes out on Vodafone in Jan/Feb.
Its a funny old situation - IMO it is not that Nokia went from turning out top notch stuff , and then started producing rubbish . the stuff they have out now is still good , and a natural progression of the stuff they were making
But the market has changed , what people expect of a smartphone in terms of aesthetics and UI has not really "evolved" , it simply stopped being one thing and became another - Nokia simply haven't (or have not been able ? ) to simply drop what they HAVE been doing , and start doing what they now need to be doing.
They N900 may well be the beginning of the return for Nokia IMO , after all , they have acknowledged that they need to move away from S60 and look towards something better/newer/ more capable .
It may surprise you to find that I would LOVE to drop the iPhone for a Nokia Communicator ! but it would have to be worthy of the drop ! I wouldn't make the switch just because of my communicator fetish , it would have to beat the iPhone on all counts.