Forget all that "initial Charge" stuff ! , if I mess this battery up I'll get another !! (Although to be honest that has been my philosophy on pretty much all of the handsets I've bought lately , and the only time I ever had to by a new battery was for an N80 I got second hand anyway !! )

Well , first things first , build quality is far better than I envisaged , I suppose seeing the Legend and then comparing it with the Desire , I was expecting it to have a cheap , flimsy feel - but in reality it is a robust , quality looking beast ! the buttons being metallic and the black bits being sort of rubberised makes the whole thing feel better quality in the hand than it looks in pictures.

The Screen is lovely too , I was a tad dissappointed initially , I knew the dimensions , but having got used to the giant screen of the HD2 , it did feel a little small (Glad I didn't opt for the Legend now !!) But in reality it is plenty big enough really.

I am quite familiar with Android , having a Pulse and an HTC Magic , so I knew what to expect pretty much , and I am over the moon with the speed and performance compared to those two devices , but I have a little bit of a problem - and that problem is HTC Sense (...one man's poison and all that ) AS lot of people consider Sense to be a huge asset to HTC , and make no mistale , it is essential on Windows Mobile - But I really do find it a hinderance on the Desire (or Android perhaps )
One of the best things about Android is that you just put your Google details in once and you are cooking ! - Well , this didn't seem to be the case , and I blame Sense !!
I put in my details during set up - then , when it was all up and running , I noticed the mail widget was reading "no account set up" -So I put the details in again !
The same happened when I tried to access the Marketplace , and it then told me I had no Internet connection (Grrr , I did !! ) - I feel like I entered my details around 6 times , which REALLY defeats the obiject IMO !!
I also had some problems with a few of the Widgets , the HTC Calender Widget appeared to be working , then when I tried to scroll to june it went blank and stopped responding - I thought "sod this" , cleared all the homescreens of HTC's rubbish and put my usual array of widgets up there ! - I am a much happier bunny now , but If anyone finds a simple way to turn sense off , I'll be all ears !! (I have seen that video on Youtube, that doesn't work on retail units !)

Fortunately , removing the HTC Widgets seemed to make things a lot more pleasurable , to the point I am pretty sure I am going to get along with this phone ! , It now hosts my o2 sim , and will have the pleasure of being my main device for a while at least !!
(Can't help thinking I'd have been happier with a Nexus One though )