For a while , it looked like the wife was going to be without her iPhone , so in an knee-jerk reaction I bought her a Nokia 5230 for about £100 - thinking that her last phone (before iPhone , iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS ) was a N73 , I felt the 5230 would fall somewhere between the N73 and the iPhone - How wrong was that !!

My last experiences of Nokia were the E90 , E61 and the N95 (all pretty good phones at the time) - I was under the impression that Nokia had pretty much stood still in terms of progress , compared to the likes of OSX , Android ,hell even WM !!
But my experience with this 5230 says to me that Nokia are going BACKWARDS !! , the overall experience is HORRIBLE , the experience , speed and reliabilty of the E61 or N95 or even some of the budget S60 devices of old (6120) is ten times better than the 5230 , in fact I recall an old S40 slider (5280 ? think I've got a dead one in the drawer somewhere !! ) which is/ was much nicer to use than this thing
OK , I realise this is a £100 phone, but I am led to believe that this version of Symbian is pretty much the same right through the range ?

Seriously , is this is the best we can expect from Symbian , then Symbian is truly dead . I am horrified that a device sold in 2010 can feel so dated !