Hello Friends

I have been with three network for the last 4 years and I upgraded my contract on 28th January 2010 and paid £60 to get a new phone Nokia N97. The entire problem started with the start of new contract. I was agreed £60 for the cost of new handset but I was charged £80 which was taken off later when I brought this incident into the notice of customer services. Excuse was ...A genuine mistake.

As the bill had already been generated so I was suggested to cancel the direct debit and pay the amount by debit card. Payment has been done and direct debit has been reset. I have been assured that nothing like this will happen again in future but guess what happened... payment which had been paid earlier was taken from my bank account. Again... Genuine mistake... I have been given credit later for the same amount of money.

During the month of June my handset had some problem with the software which could not be resolved after several attempts. Later handset had been booked for repair on 21st June 2010. I received handset back on 29th June 2010 after it had got fixed. Problem with the handset was still there and had been sent for repair on 02 July and got it back on 12th July 2010. Handset had been sent for repair again in the same week and then in last week of August 2010 for the repair of same issue. On these occasions Three repair centre had replaced the software of handset and sent replaced handset to me on 23rd July and 25th August 2010 respectively.
The problem had remained the same after fourth attempt. I had lot of conversations with three customer services but nothing could resolve the issue. Even one of your technical help team advisors had not any clue about the memory of the handset N97. How pathetic is that. She should not be in technical team. Again technical department had apologised for that conversation.

During the first week of September I have spoken to customer services to resolve the issue and I have been offered few refurbished handset like Nokia E72, X6, HTC wildfire and desire, and black berry 9300. I chose nokia X6 because of its specification i.e. memory and touch screen etc. and I have been told that I have 14 days to replace with another one provided I don’t use this handset. Handset had been ordered on 07th August 2010 and delivered to me on 09th August 2010 at 1.45 pm. Delivery package had a delivery note, handset, battery, charger, free pay as you go sim, return policy and term and conditions leaflets.
On receiving this handset I felt it was not what I was expecting as it was not up to the same standard as Nokia N97. As soon as the Courier left(2.00 pm) I rang three customer services to let them know that I did not like this phone and as I knew customer services cannot offer me same quality phone as N97 so I decided to ask my N97 handset back which had been collected by the same courier 15 minutes ago. I had to get transferred to six different people to get to the right department. You can easily imagine how frustrate it could be to tell your same story to six people. I had conversation with Mr. Mervfin, Gokul Naik, Mahavir, Princy Koshy form exchange team and technical department. Princy koshi from technical department had refused to help about this situation and supervisor (or manager) Christopher had put the phone down on me when I asked him to transfer me to cancellation team. I thought I was on hold but Chirstopher had disconnected the call and left me waiting for at least 10 minutes. I tried to contact him again to make him realise that what he just did to me is not professional but he was not available to attend my call. Emails have been left for him to contact me but he has not bothered to contact me yet.
Three kept on telling me that we can not exchange this handset again because according to our policy three can can exchange handset only once. If it was like that then why Bindu Satija (manager technical dapt) had told me that you can return this handset within 14 days and even one of the guy from three even gave me an order number to go to DPD courier and collect my N97 but unfortunately DPD courier had already despatched my handset to three.
My query is that why I had been told about 14 days return policy if this policy does not apply to me.
If this policy does not apply here then why have all the leaflets regarding term and conditions been sent with the handset. Could it be possible to get my old handset back? I sent first email to executive office on 9th sept and i got automated reply tht someone would contact me and query will be resolved within 5 working days. Ten days gone nothing from three...sent some reminder emails ..no reply..
I am totally fed up from three now ..please advise me what should I do next...
Thanks
Regards
Harry