I'm getting really concerned about the fallout from this issue for Three, I've been following it on another forum and also seen a LOT of complaints on their blog:

http://blog.three.co.uk/2010/02/05/o...ideo/#comments

(Just one example - some of the other network related blog entries have similar comments too)

It seems like Three are really shooting themselves in the foot in a big way here, and even though it hasn't affected me personally yet (I have good 3G coverage at home and most places I go and still have 2G fall back as well) I'm already looking around for an alternative network to switch to

I'll probably wait for the full merger of T-Mobile and Orange networks to be completed (rumours are some time around March) and most likely look at T-Mobile, or a return to Virgin, who were the first network I went with when I moved here last year, and have made big improvements since I left them...(speed, coverage, and prices have all improved dramatically in the last year on Virgin Pay&Go)

As much as I love Three's data speed and reliability, cheap data packages, free 3 to 3 calls, and decent Pay&Go options (at least on the old 3pay plan I'm still grandfathered on, not so much on the new ones) the prospect of so many areas without indoor coverage due to no 2G roaming, and in fact the hassle of roaming back and forth in the first place is finally swaying the balance for me.

Unless there is some major turn around in the next few months it will be farewell Three for me I'm afraid. I tried, I really did.

Does anyone know of any other networks that offer something similar to Three's free 3-to-3 minutes ? I use free 3-to-3 minutes to my Girlfriend who is also on Three, primarily so we can make use of 3-to-3, so if I switched networks she would as well.