• Show Printable Version
    • Email this Page…
    • Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
    Blog Entries

There is no catch

Also ... you'll like this Bill ... get £5 off by purchasing it through Quidco (they're doing £5 off on all PAYG purchases)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

3GScottishUser is offlineTalk3G Super Mod 3GScottishUser is just really nice 3GScottishUser is just really nice 3GScottishUser is just really nice 3GScottishUser is just really nice

This thing is a lot of technology for £25!

I know a few folks with old Nokias and the like so I need to spread the word.

The lowest Android priced phone previously was 3's ZTE at £50 with a £10 top-up and that looked a bargain but the T-Mobile Pulse Mini is sure to be a sell out at less than half of that.

Itching to buy one myself but I'm not sure what I'd do with it as I have my Galaxy S on contract and I love my cheap and cheery Orange Rio for texts now and that was only £20 and is just like a Blackberry in terms of functionality.

Should I just bag one anyway?

Blog Entries

Why not grab one as an experimenter - get used to rooting, installing recovery ROMs and custom ROMs. The independent developers have got some great ROMs out there. And no doubt you'll be able to uplift this from Android 2.1 (Eclair) to Gingerbread 2.3, or at least Froyo 2.2. And if you really don't like any of those Modaco have the stock ROMs available for download to put the Pulse Mini back to stock.

I've ordered one just now, through Quidco. What am I going to do with it? Well, if all goes to plan, a work colleague and me will most likely be sending it up into space. More on that as we progress the project. It only got launched as a chat today, so plenty to do. But a cheap and highly functional Android is an essential.

hecatae
    hecatae is offlineTalk3G Reg hecatae will become famous soon enough hecatae will become famous soon enough
    Blog Entries

there is a cyanogenmod 7 rom for this on xda-developers.

Blog Entries

QuoteOriginally Posted by hecatae View Post
    there is a cyanogenmod 7 rom for this on xda-developers.
    I will be sure to be installing it within 48 hours of receipt Got to get it ready for its epic journey

hecatae
    hecatae is offlineTalk3G Reg hecatae will become famous soon enough hecatae will become famous soon enough
    Blog Entries

QuoteOriginally Posted by Hands0n View Post
    I will be sure to be installing it within 48 hours of receipt Got to get it ready for its epic journey
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1096075 link to rom to save looking

Blog Entries

Cool, thanks for that

3GScottishUser is offlineTalk3G Super Mod 3GScottishUser is just really nice 3GScottishUser is just really nice 3GScottishUser is just really nice 3GScottishUser is just really nice

Placed my order. At worst it's a phone I can gift to my sister for christmas and at best it can replace my againg LG Viewty on 3 once I deal with the SIM lock.

It looks an amazing deal and thanks for the Anrooid update info. I will update the firmware as soon as I get it.

Nice find, even if it is for evaluation purposes. My work is now delivering mobile gaming and I attended a conference yesterday and was shown some Android authoring software and some emulators but the latter are pretty slow and useless so the pulse could be very handy testing new apps.

We will have these phones soon and it will be interesting to find out what something costing 1/10th of an iPhone or Galaxy S2 does.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst Previous 1 2