I have been a customer of three for.....well about 7-8 years or so as both a contract customer and a PAYG customer at the same time. (i have 2 phones on the network in use every day) Sometime in late 2009 three offered me to keep me as a "loyal and valued" customer a lifetime (so long as i kept my number on the three network) discount of £10 a month on whatever contract i chose with them, (HTC Hero on 900 minutes mix and match and an internet add on for £19) and that discount would remain how ever many times i changed my tariff. 18 months later my contract comes to an end and three now say they are no longer prepared to honour the deal, the discount will only stay if i do not upgrade with a new handset.

So i ask for a pac code, and get offered an HTC Desire on the one plan on an 18 month contract for £17 a month, the deal would remain open to me until the end of May......and the lifetime discount would end, thus if i changed my tariff for a lower one it would actually go up in price!......except the new contract offer was withdrawn less than two hours later. they then changed my plan to the "one plan" and i pay £15 a month, but no phone even if i offer to pay extra for it!

I ask for a pac code again and now i am being offered the one plan for £10 a month on a 12 month flexible contract......but no phone.

I offer to pay £25 for the Htc desire s on the one plan but they say they cannot afford to give me that. odd because the one plan is normally £25, it would be a discount of £7 over the normal price of £32. they offer it to me for £28 but the desire s is £7 more than the one plan which i can have for £10 so add the £7 premium to the one plan and it should be £17.......the same as the earlier offer, i am offering £25???? they refuse.

As a last try to get them to see some sort of sense, i phoned tonight to get a deal out of them. all i ask for is for three to make an offer that is better than the offers i can get as a new customer, not much to ask.

So i get some details on the Samsung Galaxy S2 on three deals, (free hand set, 900 minutes "text" plan 1gb data for £30 inc VAT) via a third party provider. Three retention offer the same deal for £38! or the one plan for £40! these offers SUCK! they insist that they cannot even match the deals.

Three don't give a T*** about keeping existing customers, and will not honour a "life time" deal only offered 18 months ago, and will not even offer a deal as good as some research will get you!

Even though i use Skype fairly often, and the new deal i have found for the Galaxy S2 on three is about the best i can find with that hand set, three can get stuffed and i think Orange will get my custom for both my phones from now on.

They have treated a loyal (i know i am nuts) customer with contempt. Clearly they think i am some sort of idiot, who is willing to pay an extra £8 a month for the privilege of staying on the three network.....as if!