I have spent the last few months listening to people going on about how much "better" the SGS2 is than the iPhone 4 - I must admit it looks pretty nice on paper , and when I recently saw the white one I was sold ! ,so I cashed in my o2 Upgrade to get one.

It arrived yesterday , and I took it out of the box , and braced myself for this "ultra bright" screen that was soooo much better than the iPhone 4's (most people can't handle the extreme brightness and have to have it turned down , don't you know ?)

So , I switch it on .... Funny , thats not too bright ! so I check the brightness control and notice it is swiched on Auto , so I disable that and put brightness on full.
, colours look nice , but whites are a bluey grey colour , unless you have a vritually black / dark screen with a tiny bit of white on , then it can manage almost true white
Web browsing was god awful , web pages were so dark that it was hard to see , then I realise there is a "browser brightness" option , so I set this to max - makes it useable , but not "bright" by any means.

I put up with this yesterday , but then this morning looking on the web everyone is saying specifically that the SGS2's screen is brighter than the iPhone 4 - (see attached image) - I am now convinced I have a faulty unit

I have asked for a replacement - but if I am worried that if a whole batch a faulty the replacement will suffer the same problems ? .....in which case Samsung can stick it !

http://i.imgur.com/CmwYa.jpg