QuoteOriginally Posted by Hands0n View Post
@htcaddict - Before you buy the Lumia 800 do take time out to read all the forums on the issues people are having. There appear to be serious and significant battery problems, camera problems and a few other bits and pieces that are not being seen on other makes of WP7 device.

The start up time for WP7 on pretty much all devices, they all share the same CPU speed, is approximately 20 seconds. Yes, thats right, 20 seconds! It is fast in that respect.

If you can, take some time out to play with the WP7.5 software, it isn't bad, but it isn't good either if you're used to iOS or Android. In time it may be, but Microsoft have only committed to two releases this year, one as an update (Tango) and the other in 4Q/2012 to spread WP7 goodness to budget range handsets, whatever that means.

That old adage applies more than ever here, Caveat Emptor, or Buyer Beware!
"Significant Battery Problems"??!! That's always the dealbreaker, isnt it? Come on! Smartphones have been big for the last 4 or 5 years, why does the same annoying thing keep popping up almost every time I find a good phone?... Even with my Hero, I eventually gave up and made it a brick by buying an extended-life battery:P