QuoteOriginally Posted by Hands0n View Post
My first thought is that your conversation is with the Supplier and not the Manufacturer. UK Trading Standards legislation is very clear on that. You have a right to refund, replacement or repair. If you opt for repair then the other two options disappear, so be very careful what you agree with the seller.

If the seller won't budge you could take it to Amazon's arbitration (how did you pay for it, PayPal or Credit Card?) for a refund, they'll claw the money back from the seller.

I don't think you'll have very much luck with Huawei if they don't have a UK presence or outsource looking after post sales service. And that is worrying in itself.
Thanks for the reply and I agree the seller is liable but in the first instance it seemed to be an easy thing to go to the manufacturer especially as it is registered with them. Now I am of a mind to go to Amazon to resolve as surprise, surprise no response from the seller (think I will give him a couple more days) and yes it was bought on my credit card so that should not be an issue.

As for a product retail outlet for Huawei in the UK outside of Service providers is a concern.