O2 are very, very skilled at making their customers feel valued. They have about three different reward/priority schemes running for their customers at the moment, along with other little perks (they sent me a bar of chocolate when I had a contract with them).

Ofcom have said that the top two sources of complaints for Three are customer service and disputed charges. I think both of these issues effectively boils down to the call centre - staff being unable to help a customer or explain tariffs and fees correctly. No doubt a large number of the disputed charges are from deals via retentions which have been missold.

While I'm sure there are a number of complaints regarding coverage on Three, I don't think that this is as big of an issue that it once was.

It's great that Three invest as much as they do in their network, and sad that o2 choose not to - but it's clear that, as long as the service is usable, 3g coverage, or even any coverage in general will not improve customer satisfaction.

The customer service offered by Three is just not good enough, and until that is rectified these scores won't change. Unfortunately, while Three are occupying the 'value' end of the market, I don't think that there is any scope for improvement to customer service.

Perhaps it's time for HWL to try launching a 'premium' brand.