Thread: T-Mobile UK hiking prices by 3.7% by 9th May

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

These terms that basically allow the mobile companies to increase their prices in-contract in line with inflation are absolutely horrendous and should be challenged in the courts.

Moreover, doesn't EE see that this is an appalling way to treat customers? If a customer has X phone on X tariff over X months, there's just no way the network should turn around a few months later and change the terms of the agreement. I have no sympathy. Any increases shouldn't take effect until the end of the contract.

yournewphone
    yournewphone is offlineNew to Talk3G

Orange done it first and then T-mobile followed. Vodafone, O2 ect will all follow eventually.
    Owner of yournewphone.com offering the best mobile phone deals.

Blog Entries

QuoteOriginally Posted by yournewphone View Post
    Orange done it first and then T-mobile followed. Vodafone, O2 ect will all follow eventually.
    I'm not convinced. On out-of-contract customers, yes, on new tariffs, yes, but on existing customers who are in-contract? It's plain wrong and desperate IMHO.

Given that Orange and T-Mobile are both essentially Everything Everywhere, that they've both done this is no surprise. It doesn't mean it'll spread, though. At least I hope not.

Wilt
    Wilt is online nowRegular Poster

Vodafone already did it with their tariff 'simplification', didn't they?

Sajjad Rahman is offlineMember

Looks like slowly each and every mobile network provider will hike prices eventually. Not a good news for us . Just hope Vodafone and O2 does not do it.