Thread: How not to set up a new connection

Blog Entries

Default How not to set up a new connection

1. When your customer asks for a micro SIM, don't send them a full size SIM.

2. When your customer asks for a 30-day tariff, don't set them up on a 12-month one.

There's not actually anything else that O2 could have gotten wrong on this very simple transaction, which took place (and was hopefully today rectified) via web chat.

blush
    blush is offlineRegular Poster

I have always found O2 customer services to be excellent. I haven't had the need to call them much but found them great when I had my wallet and iPhone 4s stollen whilst in Spain. They instantly blocked my sim and even put me through to Barclays to stop my visa card. When I got I had a spare micro sim and they instantly unblocked my number and put it on the microsim. The calls were answered promptly and by someone in the UK, nice broad Yorkshire accent.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I think my next contact with them will be on the telephone; I'm not sure if the web chat service is outsourced or not but something about it (even my first contact where I made the order) isn't very reassuring somehow. Like they don't entirely know what they're talking about/are using a lot of canned text.

hecatae
    hecatae is online nowTalk3G Senior Contributor
    Blog Entries

some of o2 is outsourced to Hungary