Thread: Vodafone Exclusive for 3 months the Huawei Ascend G300

hecatae
    hecatae is offlineTalk3G Senior Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default Vodafone Exclusive for 3 months the Huawei Ascend G300

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobi...ei-ascend-g300

The Ascend G300 is aimed at the lower end of the mobile market and packs a single-core 1GHz ArmV7 MSM7227A processor, 512MB of RAM, 4-inch WVGA touch screen, 5MP camera, Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread (with an upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich coming later this year), 2.5GB of internal storage and a microSD card slot.*

full specs: http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&i...0_huawei_u8815

4 inch screen for £100 PAYG from Friday 13th

Blog Entries

The Huawei onslaught begins. This is a very well specified Android smartphone if it were valued at twice the price. As it is, at £100 on PAYG it represents astonishing value. Expect this price to halve within 12 months. We'll no doubt be finding Huawei smartphones in packets of Corn Flakes eventually

Now, I am really interested in their top end flagship models. What price will these hit the streets at? I wouldn't expect them to be premium priced, not if Huawei are going to cut the legs away from under the established. They need to make a mark and do so with compelling propositions. This is a great start at the bottom end. Will they repeat it at the top end?

Blog Entries

That's a lot of smartphone for £100... I'm certainly curious as to whether it's actually a decent phone or not!

hecatae
    Blog Entries

so unlocking, any ideas?

Blog Entries

I wouldn't bet any money on it but the early batches may just be unlocked. That was the case with the Lumia 710, which are now sold locked on PAYG.

Blog Entries

Didn't vodafone make a huge song and dance about the fact that all their handsets would be supplied unlocked a few years back? Have they gone back on that now?

hecatae
    Blog Entries

depends, I know of one handset sold from the London Flagship store on payg that is unlocked, working with an AT&T sim

Blog Entries

IIRC that song and dance re unlocked it referred to Contract phones only. I am told that the Nokia Lumia 710 that I picked up (£150 PAYT) unlocked is now selling locked on PAYT and unlocked on Contract.