We all know that the iPad is a success, many were very sceptical at launch as to why anyone would even want such a product..... then they came round to that idea, and now we hear a lot of talk about how Apple defined a market.
Of course every Manufacturer and his dog make an tablet , all of which that look suspiciously like the iPad, these manufacturers have played the trump card of filling in the "missing bits" of the iPad - cool eh ? they take the iPad , copy it , then add the bits Apple missed - making it perfect right ?
The reality is ... no - each and every one has fallen pretty much flat on its face , a smart person would conclude that Apple actually knew what the were doing WRT the omissions ?

What I hadn't realised is the magnitude of the iPad's dominance ! I was at The Gadget Show Live at the NEC yesterday , and the dominance of the iPad , and generally the iOS platform was staggering ! Virtually every stand had an iPad on it for one reason or another ! be it that their products were iPad related , or the used iPads as part of their display stand , I'd guess I saw a couple of thousand iPads (literally !) .... whereas I could probably count the entire number of non iPad tablets on my fingers ! , DEFINATELY if I used my toes too.

I actually went to the show hoping to bring home an Android Tablet , but if anything I felt pushed away from them - I came away pondering a new iPad !