After talking with Ben and Hands0n; on twitter, I thought I would post about my issues with O2.

I have 3 O2 lines (1* 24 month iPhone, 1* iPhone simplicity, 1* BlackBerry simplicity) and O2 home phone and Broadband.

I originally joined O2 for the iPhone, as I guess many people did.

I get very good 2G coverage, and at the moment in my flat getting 5 bars of 3G. Coverage checker shows its 3G 900 & 1800.

The problem I have been having is with iMessage, and push notifications on the iPhone.

Basically iMessage's get lost, take hours to arrive, and push notifications are often 10 or 15 mins delayed.

I've got a spare iPhone also, and when that has another operators sim in it, the notifications are coming through spot on.

I've spent many hours on the phone with Apple exec relations and with a senior applecare advisor, and as the problem is specific to the sim and not the handset, they have concluded, that its a carrier issue.

I was already in discussions with O2's CEO's office, over the dire sale of the 24 month contract, and I've been talking to them for months about this push issue.

The lady who is assigned to my case only works Wed - Fri 9:30 until 15:30, so updates are few and far between, which is starting to annoy me.

After a lot of chasing and insistence on my part, they have admitted that, there is an issue with push notifications and iMessage for a few of its customers.

Thats as far as its got, and that was nearly 3 weeks ago.

No update, no resolution, no offer of a line rental discount.

This week I got a bit of a bee in my bonnet, and spoke to another chap in the same office, who was meant to be chasing things, but all he has done is talk a lot, and not get any results.

At one point the advice was iMessage doesn't work well for us, we suggest you turn it off!! Not a suitable solution for me, as I have friends overseas, and use Messages for Mac.

The latest theory is it could be congestion in my area, but that said, I am getting usable speeds to browse and use twitter on the phone.

I've asked for a boost box, but this only feels like a bodge solution, as in essence it will be using my broadband to provide coverage to my mobile.

In the past I've toyed with three, but their CS is appalling, and indoor coverage is poor.

For me, when I'm out and about coverage either 2g or 3g is important, as I am partly disabled, and may need to phone someone for help etc. Data is secondary, and I think this is the reason I have stayed with O2.

This week I got a Full Monty sim from T-Mobile, and indoor signal strength has been OK, in my flat I've got 4 bars, 2 to 3 at my parents on 3G.

Whilst driving over to Battle from Lewes, I had 3G nearly all the time, and was able to catch up on my tweets (Father was driving).

I certainly had 3G coverage in places O2 didn't.

My dilemma now is to see if O2 can provide a solution, and whether I actually want to port my main number into t-mobile and suffer possible poorer signal quality indoors.

I'd be interested to hear what you guys think.

Thanks for reading.

Ferret1979_1