Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst Previous 12

Thread: Iphone 5, Sept 21st release date in USA..

• Show Printable Version
    • Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
    Blog Entries

Getting close now, folks! I think this has to be the most anticipated iPhone launch yet... we all know it's a redesign, and we all know that there's literally everything to play for now. Samsung is an absolute machine, Nokia and Microsoft are about to realise the real fruits of their labour, and Google is tooling up with Moto - not to mention Sony finding a new lease of life. It's hard to imagine how Apple can meet expectations this time around, yet alone exceed them.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Wilt is offlineRegular Poster

After learning that the iPhone might be getting on the LTE train early with EE, I am suddenly very interested.

Craig
    Craig is offlineRegular Poster

It will be exciting to see the announcement, I wish there would be a live stream and not just live blogs. Still better than nothing.

Plus the announcement regarding Everything Everywhere should be tomorrow right?

Blog Entries

The rumour mill is suggesting that T-Mobile offer iPhone 5 on LTE as an exclusive. I hope this doesn't mean that other MNOs will not have the device available at the same time, albeit on their own networks. Interesting also is whether the iPhone 5 will have DC-HSPA+42 as the New iPad has today. That would certainly narrow the on-device performance significantly - I do not believe that "up to" 100Mbps will be perceivable on a smartphone, it will only become apparent when tethering to a PC device.

Exciting times, as Ben says. Apple do not have the game all to themselves - although I sincerely doubt that Nokia have anything significant to show with WP8 on their new Lumia range. WP still feels like a case of "The Emperor's New Clothes" to me.

Wilt is offlineRegular Poster

T-Mobile exclusive? If they were going to use an existing brand, I would have thought Orange would get the exclusive. But why would they use either of their existing brands for a LTE phone when they are apparently making a new one for LTE?

Surely all networks would get the iPhone though? O2 are already stomping over EE getting the 1800Mhz LTE go ahead, they would absolutely blow their tops if that meant EE got a full exclusive on the new iPhone.

Even if they do all get it, though, being the only network able to offer the iPhone on LTE will be a massive coup for EE.

Craig
    Craig is offlineRegular Poster

It wont greatly affect me either way as I always buy mine sim free direct from Apple then decide which network I want to go with.

Last I heard however was that it will have a UK and USA simultaneous launch on the 21st. Apple will have a 1 day head start and then the networks will get it on the 22nd.

I think it will be available on all networks but T-Mobile / Orange will have the bragging rights to say look at us we have exclusive 4G access for the new iPhone. This I think as Wilt said will probably bring a lot of customers their way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst Previous 12