Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews  

Go Back   Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews > Talk3G Links to Other Sites and Resources > 3G Retailers & Offers > Your Best Deals: Pre-pay

Your Best Deals: Pre-pay Found a fantastic deal on Pre-pay? Let us know here!

Old 12th April 2006, 10:11 AM
Talk3G Super Mod

3GScottishUser is just really nice3GScottishUser is just really nice3GScottishUser is just really nice3GScottishUser is just really nice
Thumbs upTesco Extra Cheapest Pre-Pay?

Tesco Extra Mobile has been launched and offers X/net calls for 10p/min and SMS at 5p each (anytime).

There is a minimum top-up of £15 a month to get those rates. Looks good for the average user though. The above deal beats EasyMobile and Fresh by 5p/min and is 20p/min cheaper than 3's WePay.

Has anyone found any cheaper pre-pay dealls? I know T-Mobile have a low rate for high spenders but you have to spend over £40/month to gain the best rates.

If anyone can beat the Tesco Extra deal post below.

Last edited by Ben; 12th April 2006 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Copy added to Best Deals Pre-Pay
Old 12th April 2006, 08:07 PM
New to Talk3G

DaveC is on a distinguished road

As usual, it depends on your calling pattern, but O2 online takes some beating for the heavy user.

Comparing it to Tesco's £15 per month it is possible to get
50 x-net peak minutes plus 150 x-net off peak minutes plus 300 text and 5mb of Wap
Old 25th July 2006, 11:41 AM
Talk3G Super Mod

3GScottishUser is just really nice3GScottishUser is just really nice3GScottishUser is just really nice3GScottishUser is just really nice

I see Tesco are now offering 1000 free texts to anyone taking the Extra PAYG deal before October.

Nice to see that calls in most popular European countries are just 40p a min to call the UK and to receive. A better roaming deal than most and beats 02's own pricing on PAYG hands down.

If you are a PAYG customer and spending £15 a month or more I think you would have to look seriously at the Tesco Extra Mobile proposition.
Old 26th July 2006, 12:32 PM
Regular Poster

crowfield99 will become famous soon enough

Yup, Tesco & 02 are doing this in partnership... And Tesco are Cheaper than the network it runs on! Gotta make you laugh really
Old 26th July 2006, 01:05 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

Tesco are past masters at getting good deals for thier customers. I suppose its all about footfall and exploiting your High Street presence. Folks visit Tesco a lot and its no surprise they can make a nice living out of providing insurance, telecoms and the likes. What next? Tesco Electricty and Gas?

I'm surprised that Tesco have not yet launched a shoping channel on Sky or Freeview to promote their home deliveries and their other services. Press the red button to order now etc etc..... I bet they are thinking about it!