Talk3G Mobile Phone Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews  

Go Back   Talk3G Mobile Phone Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews > Talk3G UK Mobile Networks > Vodafone - 3G Handset and Mobile Broadband Services > Vodafone UK Customer Experiences

Vodafone UK Customer Experiences Report your experience of Vodafone UK, good or bad, here. Comment on other peoples experiences and offer help and advice.

Old 26th June 2009, 03:33 PM
todayon3g.co.uk

getti has a spectacular aura aboutgetti has a spectacular aura about
Default£20 for 5GB Data Extra

Vodafone have now launched a new data package as an addition to your phone contract.

£20 gets you 5GB of data which can be use on the phone and as a modem, plus you can use VOIP and Streaming.

You can still get the 500mb for £5 (or £7.50) but this new pack offers heavy users to be able to do away with a mobile broadband modem and use this instead.

So in less than 3 months vodafone have.... Added a new high data pack for customers, cut out passport charges for the summer and added a 50mms pack for just £2.

Thank you vodafone for listening to what customer want!. Cant believe im saying that after my original issues with them many months back
Old 26th June 2009, 04:10 PM
Talk3G Admin

Ben is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to all

£20 is steep IMHO, even with the highish amount of inclusive data, though at least there's an option available now for those who do still like to use a phone as a modem.
Old 26th June 2009, 05:11 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

Hands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to behold

Hmmm, I'm sort of impressed. The usual is £15 for 3GB so the extra fiver for another 2GB does seem rather attractive - if I were a heavier data user.

Overall I think that mobile data is being charged for too heavily. But I can see what they're doing - while the market is relatively new they are going for gold. These prices and the value proposition behind them will have to change to secure more take-up.
Old 26th June 2009, 05:33 PM
Not a slave to Spec

miffed is a jewel in the roughmiffed is a jewel in the roughmiffed is a jewel in the roughmiffed is a jewel in the rough

I am sure I live in a parallel universe to the rest of you , because the one thing that is letting me down on the HTC Magic is Vodafones coverage

Here I sit at work (Tankerton High street, Whitstable ) - and my signal reads 3 bars of 2G , (T-mobile and O2 & Three all give me a full , 5 bar signal of 3G )
At home (Birchington on Sea) , I get an "adequate" 2 bars of 3G , but it has dropped back to a 2G signal occasionally - Again , o2 and Three give me full 3G signal here - T-mobile is pretty poor here, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.
Haven't really had opportunity to monitor signals while out and about as it were , but at the moment I find the whole Vodafone=Good coverage , o2=Bad coverage to be a bit of a fairytale !

To summarize , .... I won't be subscribing
Old 26th June 2009, 08:19 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

Hands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to behold

LOL - Its a Kent thing ... I get solid everything except for O2, only in London at work has it improved of late, I think they've finally bought another transmitter site! Back at home its crappy signal on O2 unless I go up to the dormer loft where I'll get 4 bars of the 3G stuff as I level off with the hill behind which is the O2 transmitter!! Vodafone are some 150m away from my front door.
Old 26th June 2009, 09:09 PM
Talk3G Reg

solo12002 will become famous soon enough

[quote=Hands0n;33727]Hmmm, I'm sort of impressed. The usual is £15 for 3GB so the extra fiver for another 2GB does seem rather attractive - if I were a heavier data user.

I agree. But if you take into account some ppl will be paying £10 for 1GB on their mobile plus £15 for 3GB via a dougle, its really not that much more if anything at all as you can still use your mobile to suff and contact it to laptop to suff. Unless someone tells me Im wrong?
Old 26th June 2009, 09:12 PM
todayon3g.co.uk

I pay £7.50 on the phone and £21 a month for a modem but didnt really need both, just when i needed to travel i have a modem with me.

So im now cancelling the £7.50 pack and giving notice on the £21 broadband and adding on the 5GB phone option. What i dont use on modem use il use on radio/tv streaming, skype and loads of other phone services and still save £8.50 a month
Old 26th June 2009, 09:15 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

Unfortunately I don't think the 5GB pack is available for the HTC Magic that comes with Mobile Broadband "Unlimited" bundled in the contract price. To then have to pay £20 for the 5GB seems heresy
Old 26th June 2009, 09:18 PM
todayon3g.co.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffed View Post
I am sure I live in a parallel universe to the rest of you , because the one thing that is letting me down on the HTC Magic is Vodafones coverage

Here I sit at work (Tankerton High street, Whitstable ) - and my signal reads 3 bars of 2G , (T-mobile and O2 & Three all give me a full , 5 bar signal of 3G )
At home (Birchington on Sea) , I get an "adequate" 2 bars of 3G , but it has dropped back to a 2G signal occasionally - Again , o2 and Three give me full 3G signal here - T-mobile is pretty poor here, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.
Haven't really had opportunity to monitor signals while out and about as it were , but at the moment I find the whole Vodafone=Good coverage , o2=Bad coverage to be a bit of a fairytale !

To summarize , .... I won't be subscribing
Signal is a funny old thing, I only got 2G on voda originally until about 3 months ago they put a new 3G mast up so i now get FULL HSDPA all around here.

With T-Mobile i have said it before and il say again, signal is patchy in places and i live in one. Fine outdoors but down to nothing most of the time indoors.

That is why i have cancelled 2 of my 3 t-mobile lines as they were not usable. A femtocell would be a good idea but if they match the Vodafone one at £160 that is a lot to pay just to boost signal between 4 walls

Show Printable VersionShow Printable Version
Email this PageEmail this Page
Linear ModeLinear Mode
Hybrid ModeSwitch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode