Talk3G Mobile Phone Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews  

Go Back   Talk3G Mobile Phone Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews > Talk3G Handsets, OSs, and Other Devices > 3G Devices by Other Manufacturers > Motorola 3G > Motorola 3G Rumours

Motorola 3G Rumours Rumours and speculation about Motorola 3G products.

Old 12th August 2009, 07:23 AM
Talk3G Super Mod

Hands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to behold
DefaultMotorola Morrison showing up in T-Mobile internal system

Is Motorola just about to attempt a comeback thrust into the brave new world of the modern 'smartphone'? Some have said it is too little, too late. What do you think?

A short article and lots of embedded links ...

Quote:
As shown in this screenshot, it looks like the Motorola Morrison is getting ready to be one of the newest T-Mobile offerings for Android. We haven’t heard much about this handset besides the one leaked spy picture, and the T-Mobile roadmap showing a holiday release. This QWERTY slider would be Motorola’s first Android handset, and the company is hoping it will be a big hit. Since it’s already cleared the FCC, with T-Mobile 3G onboard, it’s only a matter of time before we start hearing more and more about the Morrison. As the T-Mobile G1 slowly grows more outdated, this may be the hot new Android QWERTY to have, unless we see that elusive HTC Lancaster first.

Let’s hope they change up that color scheme or offer more than the blue and white we saw from the spy picture.
Now this is an American site and so the Motorola may never make it to these shores. What is interesting though is that they seem to have a penchant for slider handsets rather than touchscreen. Has the American psyche not been able to adjust to touchscreen? Or is that just the American Android community?

The closing reference to the HTC Lancaster is also interesting - it is very Magic lookalike. Not wishing to hijack my own thread but this baby looks like it could very well be a natural replacement for the G1 that is looking quite dated now.

Back on topic, could this be a re-emergence for Motorola that has been in the doldrums for so many years? I'm not sure that I'd go as far as to say "I hope so", as I don't really feel that they are that deserving. But good luck to them all the same. I'm sure that there is someone out there who actually wants a white and blue Fisher Price handset
Old 12th August 2009, 09:06 AM
Not a slave to Spec

miffed is a jewel in the roughmiffed is a jewel in the roughmiffed is a jewel in the roughmiffed is a jewel in the rough

Motorola "morrison" ? - Can't wait for the Waitrose , or the NEC Netto !

Will be interesting no doubt , I thought they had given up for good !
Old 12th August 2009, 09:44 AM
Talk3G Admin

Ben is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to all

Definitely interesting. I even quite like the name, lmao, nice to see a handset that actually has one.

But will it be any good? Hm.
Old 13th August 2009, 09:10 PM
Talk3G Reg

solo12002 will become famous soon enough

I cant wait to see HTC Belfast.

But why the sliding keyboard surely the point of touch is touch? The white and blue one looks crap

Show Printable VersionShow Printable Version
Email this PageEmail this Page
Linear ModeLinear Mode
Hybrid ModeSwitch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode