Talk3G Mobile Phone Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews  

Go Back   Talk3G Mobile Phone Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews > Talk3G UK Mobile Networks > Three UK - 3G Handset and Mobile Broadband Services > Three UK Customer Experiences

Three UK Customer Experiences Report your experience of Three UK, good or bad, here. Comment on other peoples experiences and offer help and advice.

Old 24th September 2009, 01:39 PM
Not a slave to Spec

miffed is a jewel in the roughmiffed is a jewel in the roughmiffed is a jewel in the roughmiffed is a jewel in the rough
DefaultCan't access Google on 3MBB

I have to say , having been using 3 Mobile BB since 1st of this month as my sole connection , it has held up far better than I anticipated (or feared !)

OK , its not perfect , but it seems to work 90% of the time - I feel this is pretty good going TBH , T-mobiles offering is a bit better in terms of consistancy , but slower in speed , and has a "filter" that filters out anything that is designated for "over 18's" ... which , in reality is pretty much the whole internet seemingly in T-mobiles eyes .... Not found any of the secret locations where Vodafone offer 3G coverage - but I watched a guy at work try to install his e220 on hi Vista laptop (resulting in an endless "install" cycle ) - I get the impression mobile BB is generally a flaky product , whatever flavour you pick ....... But anyway , I digress ....

Back to the Problem , since late last night , I cannot access Google search - doesn't sound like a big deal , but it really has opened my eyes to how much I actually USE it !! , pretty much everything I do on t'nternet begins with chucking a term into the search bar on Safari - which now returns an "unable to open page" error - at first I thought Google itself had gone down , but a quick go on my Phones confirmed this was not the case ! - it seems accessing Google via 3 is the problem

Anyone else having problems ?
Old 24th September 2009, 03:00 PM
Talk3G Admin

Ben is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to all

Urgh, what a pain in the arse! Time to dial India =D
Old 24th September 2009, 08:22 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

Hands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to behold

Best I not get started ....
Old 25th September 2009, 11:02 AM
Not a slave to Spec

miffed is a jewel in the roughmiffed is a jewel in the roughmiffed is a jewel in the roughmiffed is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Urgh, what a pain in the arse! Time to dial India =D
No thanks ! I simply put up with it until Sky get my BB connected , hopefully the 2nd of Oct
Old 25th September 2009, 11:40 AM
Talk3G Admin

Ben is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to all

See this is where you need a VPN to a computer with a real Internet connection. Mobile broadband just cannot be relied upon because the mobile operators interfere too much with the data stream.

For example, randomly Vodafone Content Control breaks and reapplies itself to all Vodafone accounts until it is fixed as a precaution. That means being able to access about 6 websites, lol.

Then you've got the image compression that makes every website look like it's being displayed on a laptop from the 90s.

It wont do!

Show Printable VersionShow Printable Version
Email this PageEmail this Page
Linear ModeLinear Mode
Hybrid ModeSwitch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode