Hmm, my Viewty is beginning to annoy me.

I've only had it a few months, and although it's a superb camera, the touch screen seems to be getting less sensitive. It's not glass like the iPhone, it's very much like any PDA type touchscreen, a soft plastic type, and I suspect as it gets more used it starts, or seems, to be getting less accurate.

Example. At the start of our relationship I could text without looking, the keys are on the screen as any physical numerical phone keyboard is. Now, when I try the same I look down and it's all a bunch of gobbledegook. Frustrating. Another thing. If you've mis-typed a word, on a normal handset you'd have a directional pad to push up to the word and edit it. On the LG you need to try and tap where you want the cursor to go and if you miss spend ages tapping away with your fingernail to get it into position. Grr.

The camera is great, and in fact most people think it is just that, a camera only. They're usually quite surprised to find out it's my phone. I did some HSDPA surfing in Dublin with it the other week, so it's a 3G+ modem too, again, no complaints. I've even dropped it once, thinking that would be its demise it wasn't! It's a solid little chap, only one scuff on the side!

But there's something, something that bugs me about it, and I'm pretty sure it's just their touchscreen. Not the UI, it's easy and simple. Just the touchscreen I think. It's also not helping that my other 3G phone is a touchscreen, and it's Windows, which is even more annoying!

I think can feel Symbian calling me back... I quite like the look of the Nokia 6500 slide, but I'm not sure if it'll hold my attention long enough. Ahhh, that actually felt quite good getting that all out... 'till I looked over my desk and saw the Viewty again. Grr!

What to do?