Maybe I've been an itunes user for too long or maybe i just don't like having to click click click to update things, but PC Suite is a shocker.

I was round at a mates house this afternoon. He was wanting nokia maps on his 6120. No problem I said.
He didn't have the map loader programme installed. No problem I'll download it. Nope, it wasn't on the site. The web page was there but no download link would appear. Eventually found it on another (non formatted) page and tried to install. He has vista, what a piece of crap. "This programme would like to..." what seemed like every 30 secs; just f******* install you piece of crap.
"Driver error" WTF? Tried to see if PC suite worked, it kinda did. Is it the latest version? Who knows, it certainly did not. So, I downloaded the latest one of it from the nokia site, installed, reinstalled map loader, transferred some maps. Works fine.
Let's see if your firmware is up to date. What? Download yet another programme. FFS! well it wouldn't work and by this stage I was fed up.

So maybe the iphone 3g isn't quite perfect, and maybe itunes takes a bit too long when syncing the iphone, but at least I can just plug the phone in and go make a cup of tea, come back and it's synced and charged.

Nokia, you need to come up with a far better solution than all of those separate programmes. That whole process must have taken me the guts of an hour.

I must confess that in my nokia days I really only used pc suite to update firmware (and we all know how dicey that process was). I used map loader once, just to get the maps on, but I certainly would not recommend the software.

Don't get me started on vista. Not had much chance to play around with it, but here's hoping I never do