QuoteOriginally Posted by The Mullet of G View Post
I've never had any issues installing PC Suite, even on Windows 7 which is still a beta. Sometimes I think you people just whine for the sake of whining about something. I'm pointing the finger squarely at operator error here.
You can't seriously think that Nokia are good at writing PC software? It's a hell of separate applications that are completely unnecessary. Or at least it used to be, I haven't used it for a little while now.

Was much better on the Mac I must say without all the Nokia stuff - I just used to use iSync and it was very nice. Getting pictures off wasn't too bad either. There is, or at least was, no Mac client for firmware updates, though.

I'm not really sure what Nokia could have done differently. I suppose the nicest option would be to have written as little software as possible and instead concentrated on providing hooks into third party stuff, like WMP, Explorer, Outlook/Express, Windows Address Book, My Pictures, even Photoshop etc. Then perhaps just one central application that sits in the tray could have taken care of syncing, checking for firmware updates and having them downloaded ready for installation on next sync, and changing any default associations.