I am just about to engage with Simply Drop to get rid of a pair of Nokia N95 handsets that I no longer use, nor am I likely ever to again.

I had looked around eBay and see these going for around £95 for good condition, mine are near mint. But then you have to pay eBay the auction price (usually around 10%) and then PayPal another 5% for handling the funds, so that £95 soon turns into something like £80.75, not quite the sale price

Now while I cannot reasonably criticise eBay and PayPal for trying to make a living, I do rather resent handing over such large amounts when there are perfectly good alternatives, these being the clutch of recycle sites that pay good money for popular phones.

I chose Simply Drop from a list published by Martin Lewis' Moneysaving Expert website which also has a comparison tool here --> http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/pho...recycling#tool

Simply Drop came out with the best offer of £102 for each N95, regardless of condition, as long as it works. And there are no other fees other than having to pay for a secure delivery to Simply Drop - part of the UK Post Office.

What I particularly like about the idea behind these is the no-hassle way of getting cash for your handset.

Be aware, you must read the Terms and Conditions of sites like these. These sites will not return handsets once sent to them. They will assess the value of the handset upon receipt and pay you the advertised fee if, and only if, the handset is as described, i.e. working or broken. Also make sure you clearly mark the envelope with the registration number assigned for the sale - I plan to also mark each handset with the same number in case they get separated. Otherwise the money is donated to a charity and you get nothing.

I know this last bit sounds risky, but if you're not trying to cheat them with dodgy handsets, and they are in the condition you describe there really should be no issue arising.

If you do try the service to dispose of your handset for a bit of cash, do let us know on here how you get on.