Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cellumap - People Power - Lets create our own coverage maps

Blog Entries

I noticed the "auto-send paused" pop up and ignored it - taking it as confidence that the app would not stay resident in the background, consuming battery and network. Something like this I think needs to terminate when not in the foreground.

@RadioRaiders - I think the app is probably more than adequate in Android as it is for now. Although getting rid of the bugs and unintended "features" would be nice The route I used has got a couple of radio blackspots where there is no signal from any of the operators (successful local campaigning of the anti-mast brigade) and that would interrupt any http session with the server - meanwhile the GPS and the app are happily spinning away doing its stuff.

Its all good so far. So, looking forward to updated versions to come

Blog Entries

So, today I went out with the Google Nexus One on the Vodafone network and added 127 new points (Kent, A2, Gravesend to nr. Dartford). This is the same route that I tracked on the Three network and it is quite interesting viewing the results from both journeys. Vodafone [UMTS] is clearly less 'available' along the same route. The Cellumap supports what I have long believed to be the case with regard to Vodafone on that particular route.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12