Just had a very bizarre web chat with O2!

First off let me say that the web chat service itself is excellent; fast and efficient.

I have a business a/c with O2 (well, one with all of the networks, but I'm referring to the O2 one here) and when I discovered that they've rolled out 3G900 much more extensively than when I last checked it made sense to enquire about moving most of our connections over from Vodafone.

The problem is I need a femtocell for home because no network has good coverage here. O2 have Boost Box, but it's not on public sale.

No worries, I was told, an Account Manager can get me a Boost Box if my account has 10 connections. But I can't get an Account Manager until I have 10 connections...

...but I'm not moving my connections over until I have a Boost Box so I can actually use two of them...

O2 wouldn't budge. Yes, I can definitely have a Boost Box. But they want 10 connections from me first. Urgh!

Anyway, I've ordered what could be 'my' SIM on 30-day SIM Only. I'll give it a whirl around town and, if it really is good, I'll have to take a leap of faith and start moving connections over. Can't port without a Boost Box, though, so this could get interesting. But iPhone 4, 4S, and iPad 2 have 3G900, so I'd be a fool not to try and make some progress here. I can't bear being stuck on Vodafone anymore with their thoroughly dismal data performance in and around Canterbury.