This is one of those issues that I have heard other complain about, but assumed the people involved were simply not being firm or clear enough. Now I have experienced it first hand (well , second hand) I am absolutely shocked and amazed at the level of rudeness , unhelpfulness and general resilience of not one but 3 Three cancellations operators !

Wife has a contract that has expired and telephoned to terminate. the contract is identified ,details confirmed that it is due for termination, then I hear the wife say "No thank you , we no longer need the line" (as expected) ... Of course this was to be expected and I knew full well they would not take her first "No thank you" .... I sort of zoned out at this point.

15 minutes later I realise that the wife is still on the phone saying "No thank you , I just want to end the contract" - She switched to Speakerphone , and the guy was absolutely waffling, he would talk rubbish for about 20 seconds , then ask my wife to confirm why she called , then he would tell her she did not NEED to cancel , all she had to do was find a friend to transfer the contract to .... she then explained that she knew no one and just wanted to cancel - he then said "but I am explaining you do not need to cancel" - then the cycle would repeat, for some reason he kept asking if we were ringing from Carphone Warehouse. (?) I told her to hang up and try another rep.

So she tried a second time, different rep , exactly the same problem. At this point I tweeted @ThreeUKSupport , for , well , support.

Third time lucky she got through to a Rep who actually did his Job ! Of course she was still subject to the same retentions stuff , but at least she got there in the end.

I am absolutely amazed at this ! It is pretty clear that Reps #1 & #2 were not going to cancel the thing.

As regulars will be aware I a actually quite a big fan of Three's and we 3 active contracts in the house (well , 2 now ) Really not impressed by this though. I had no idea the situation was so bad !